Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Following Through

Following through.....

We have all done really well on the budget this week. I have thought a lot about my blog post and the direction that I want to take it this week (but I have not made the mandatory two posts a week I was striving for. I have several ideas but I think my mom mostly would laugh at me. I think I will just keep it a secret for a while.....Suspense might keep you reading! Humor is hard for me, but maybe blogging will help me with that too!

I have spent the last almost eight years caring first for someone other than myself (Avery, not to mention any names). I am sure that other mom's can understand where I am going with this. I asked my husband who at times is very picky about brands and things he likes......I couldn't really come up with many things I was really particular about. In fact I am not really particular about anything and it has caused my life to be a little out of control, so in the spirit of order, soul searching, and organization here is a list of 33(in honor of my years) of my favorite things, wow that seems like a lot!!!!!

1. secret soft conditioning deodorant (The Hubby is most picky about his deodorant, so I thought this was a fitting place to start! I thought this was crazy until I couldn't find the kind that I usually buy for me!!!!!)

2. Mayfield Milk, Purity is ok, but there is a difference!! (My Mamaw worked at Mayfield's for 36 years and her picture hangs above the bathroom at the Mayfield's Visitors Center in Athen's TN. She was the laboratory technician that had the lab certified, and she did it with a broken leg.....will have to tell that story in a later post......)

3. Fresh Peaches
4. Angel Soft Toilet Paper
5. Scrambled eggs
6. Chris Ledoux
7. 4x4 trucks
8. Fenton Glass
9. Martin Saddles
10. Purple
11. A Good Picture
12. Investor bred quarter horses
13. Bay
14. Chevy (however I really miss my keypad on my Ford)
15. Showsheen
16. Fiestaware
17. Melagel (Melaeluca is a great company with great products.....if anyone wants to share a membership I have six months to re-enroll)
18. Handmade quilts
19. My Mamaw's Sourdough Bread
20. Reining
21. International Harvester
22. The Pancake Pantry in Gatlinburg (I have eaten at both the one in Nashville and Gatlinburg)
23. Cooking
24. HGTV
25. Luccessee
26. Hanes hi cut (unmentionables)
27. 27 (My daddy ALWAYS says 27.....)
28. piggy tails
29. Labs
30. Quarter Horses
31. My Favorite Place to show Quarter Horses was Perry, GA
32. Crest with Scope
33. Sleep........





No comments:

Post a Comment

"Over the years I've discovered that there's more to being a cowgirl than punching cows, or winning rodeo trophies, or galloping off into a movie sunset with Roy. Cowgirl is an attitude, really. A pioneer spirit, a special American brand of courage. The cowgirl faces life head on, lives by her own lights, and makes no excuses. Cowgirls take stands. They speak up. They defend the things they hold dear. A cowgirl might be a rancher, or a barrel racer, or a bull rider, or an actress. But she's likely to be a checker at the local Winn Dixie, a full-time mother, a banker, an attorney, an astronaut."

- Dale Evans, The Cowgirl Companion