Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Principle, Passion, and Open Doors....a voice from the farm.

Wow, in the past three weeks I feel like I have been propelled to be dedicated, motivated, and passionate about something. The propulltion is not my own doing or will power, but it is something way bigger than that. The sunday before last I sat in church thinking that Pastor Bob (PB) had pulled a sermon our of his pocket and pulled it out to talk to me, obviously because I had not been there in a while. His sermon was on finding you purpose and God given tasks. After church we texted back and forth. I told PB that I sure wished I had some idea of what my God given talents or "purpose" was. He made some blanket statement about how I would "know"!!!!!

You know the old saying about don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out, well how about don't let the breeze knock you down when the door flies open!

I feel like I have climbed a mountain, I am standing on top, and looking out over many obstacles and trials that I have faced. Even before Denton died I was always waiting on something tragic to happen or go wrong. When you change your perspective from that to hoping and having faith that something good might happen - THINGS CHANGE! I am not in some pollyanna fantasy. I know too well that HORRIBLE THINGS happen all the time. I know that as high as I feel right now that something is going to try to knock me down off my mountain. However, I like looking forward to good things instead of worrying and waiting, staying stuck and stagnant, and negative.

Many of you know that Daniel and I are very involved in TN Young Farmer's and Rancher's Program. We heard Pettus Read speak about a recent conversation that he had with Cracker Barrel in regards to their decision to listen to HSUS. Here is the link to his article - http://www.tnfarmbureau.org/content/forcing-farmers-will-lead-us-european-outcome

This fired me up! I posted on my personal fb page that my family would no longer support Cracker Barrel (Wendy's, Sonic, Burger King, or McDonald's). My friend (who has a totally different perspective on farming) and I started a dialouge about these issues. YF&R members jumped in and it got to big for just my page. Jami and I then agreed to start an open group on FB called "Food For Thought" https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/424542547588572/

The interest, passion, and involvement in the last three days from both sides of this issue is mind boggling to me. We will see where this goes.........

Another Door
I was able to attend a work conference in Atlanta with Daniel. I am currently staying at the Intercontinental Hotel in Atlanta (pretty swanky). Last night we had the opportunity to ride in a pace car and dine at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. We were also able to meet Pat Driscoll the Corporate Relations Director for Furniture Row Racing and the brains behind Farm American - http://farmamerican.furniturerowracing.com/

I timidly waited around to speak with him about what had taken place in the past couple of days. My timidness turned into fire and passion as I began telling the story. I pray that positive things will continue to happen. I gained so much confidence last night by stepping out of my comfort zone and "TELLING OUR STORY"!

Wow!!! Pastor Bob, I guess you were right! Doors will open if you are following "THE PLAN"!

I am so grateful today! Thank you Lord for these opportunities!!!! Thank you for my blessings, and thank you for my Family! Thank you for my job and and allowing me to teach young people about the passion that I have for agriculture!

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Over the years I've discovered that there's more to being a cowgirl than punching cows, or winning rodeo trophies, or galloping off into a movie sunset with Roy. Cowgirl is an attitude, really. A pioneer spirit, a special American brand of courage. The cowgirl faces life head on, lives by her own lights, and makes no excuses. Cowgirls take stands. They speak up. They defend the things they hold dear. A cowgirl might be a rancher, or a barrel racer, or a bull rider, or an actress. But she's likely to be a checker at the local Winn Dixie, a full-time mother, a banker, an attorney, an astronaut."

- Dale Evans, The Cowgirl Companion